Monday, December 15, 2008

A Multitude of Subjects

So, George W. Bush gets shoes thrown at him? That's pretty hilarious. I love his reaction after the first shoe was thrown at him. He has some pretty good reflex skills, I'll tell you that much. I was impressed, I must admit. If that's going to be the biggest newstory regarding Bush before he leaves office, what a perfect way to go out... to have shoes thrown at you. Godspeed, President Bush.

I got an internship for next semester right here in State College, PA. I'll be taking classes and interning so that could be a daunting task, but I think I can handle it. I actually think it'll benefit me because it'll force me to use my free time for more productive things. Problem I've had in the past in college is that I'd have so much free time that I'd always use it to procrastinate and do all my work at the last minute. At least having more priorities next semester will structure my time out a little more. I'll have less time to goof around which will force me to do my schoolwork. I think it could be a good way for me to go out. I just hope that I can end things on a positive note, a good GPA is what I'm looking for. I think that's what everyone looks for so that's a pretty meaningless comment on my end.

I guess I'm looking forward to Christmas. I should be more excited about it, but I'm kinda indifferent. I'm sure I'll be more excited when we get right to it. I don't know what's wrong with me, I should be excited. I'm just not. It's not that I don't care, I'm just not feeling any overwhelming excitement. I guess one thing is that I feel bad that I have so little money to spend on presents. I'm not gonna be able to give much on that end. But I don't expect much in return either, so it's all good. If I could have more money, that'll be fine for me. I don't need anything else right now. So, what I'm trying to say is, give me money, please.

I can tell you that I'm definitely more optimistic about next semester now than earlier in this week. It's gonna be sad since it'll be my last semester, but I'm confident it'll be my strongest semester. Part of me feels the need to end things right, another part of me just doesn't want it to end at all. But, if it has to end, I might as well try to leave with as little regrets as possible. I mean, there'll be regrets that I can't change, but I'm past that. I hope for some decent grades from this semester, nothing that puts my GPA too much down. Then, I can end my PSU years on a good note. That's what I hope to accomplish within the next six months. What'll happen after that, who knows? This internship definitely makes me breathe in a sigh of relief though. I needed that breath.

No comments: