Monday, April 1, 2013

Upstream Color - first impression

This can't be a review because I'm still trying to put together what I just saw. I went from utterly confused to intrigued to.... speechless. Basically, that's what I'm trying to convey here. I'm speechless at the moment. Also, I saw the movie at a venue (which will be left unnamed) that was not... what's the word... the best way to see the film. It was a poor excuse for a "theater." So, I will officially review "Upstream Color" when I see the film a second time at a real theater that doesn't have car seats for chairs or a bar next to the fucking screen which is just distracting. What the hell is up with that?

Here's what you should take away from this though... I want to see Upstream Color again. It's definitely a film worth seeing and I think I will like this movie after seeing it a second time. Right now, I'm not even on the fence. I know I liked what I saw, I just can't properly convey at the moment.

This also bad timing because I'm going on vacation and won't be back until April 10th. But when I come back, I will (hopefully) have seen Upstream Color another time and hopefully I'll have seen Trance and To the Wonder as well. 

No comments: