Saturday, March 13, 2010

The future of Ken on Cinema

Aside from my occasional mumbo jumbo and scant movie news on films that I really care about (I'll start covering all that once there's REALLY stuff worth covering), I thought I'd give you a taste in what you should look forward to in the next few months on this here blog...

rest of March -
review of Repo Men (maybe)
review of Greenberg (hopefully)
Director's profile: Noah Baumbach (definitely)


April
review of Kick-Ass
review of I Love You, Phillip Morris (hopefully)
Actor profile: Jim Carrey
Summer Movie Preview
Cannes film festival lineup preview
top 50/100 movies of the 80s (haven't decided yet)

May
review of Iron Man 2, Robin Hood
Director's profile: Ridley Scott
Genre profile: Superhero movies
Whatever is going on during the Cannes film festival
top 50/100 movies of the '70s

June
top 20 movies of 2009 (the final word)
review of Get Him to the Greek, Toy Story 3
Studio profile: Pixar


July
INCEPTION, INCEPTION, INCEPTION
top 100 movies of the 2000s (finally)

August
Review of The Other Guys, Scott Pilgrim, Expendables
Director profile on Edgar Wright
Fall/Winter movie preview
Toronto Film Festival lineup preview


Anyway, those are just some key things to look for... I'd review more movies if I had better resources and more time... but we're working on that! Until then, we'll be looking over some fun movies, some serious awards contenders... all of that leading to the 2010 Awards Season which should be exciting. And yeah, some stories to look out for starting now are any new leads on the next PT Anderson movie, Black Swan, and Tree of Life. And I'll of course be posting trailers to upcoming movies that interest me and will be discussing them and how I feel about them.

I'm also thinking about doing special DVD reviews... that is, movies that recently came out on DVD that I hadn't seen. That especially goes for movies like The White Ribbon, a Prophet, among others.

Should be an exciting year, especially as I continue to work on making this blog more and more fun to read. I hope you enjoy the ride with me.

No comments: