Saturday, March 10, 2012

Retrospective reviews

Starting this week, and occurring sporadically, kenoncinema will also be reviewing older films that get re-released. Film Forum and Bamcinematek often show older films that are being screened from a brand new 35mm print, or is digitally restored, or whatever. I've been meaning to go to more of these things. This month, Film Forum is showing a brand new restored print of Marcel Carne's 1945 classic film Children of Paradise and I plan on checking it out tomorrow. I haven't seen the film before so I'm pretty excited to see it on the big screen.

Basically this'll be for films I haven't seen before and they won't be graded. They'll be more observation-like, then critical although if I don't like a film that happen to see at one of these places, I'll let you know and my reasons why, obviously. But, I'd like to be able to talk about more classic films without having to make top 100 lists all the time. Either way, be on the lookout.

I may also talk about an older film that I happen to see on instant netflix or DVD, if I feel compelled and I haven't talked about the film before. We'll see how it goes.

No comments: