Saturday, April 14, 2012

Other Summer Movie Notables

In parenthesis is my interest level of each movie that I mention, some have explanations, some don't.

May

4th
The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel (Interest Level: 3/10)

11th
God Bless America (Interest Level: 6/10)
Bobcat Goldthwait's newest film and I'm pretty ambivalent on it. I like Bobcat as a director, but not enough to go out of the way to seek out his films.

18th
Battleship (Interest Level: 2/10)
Are you kidding me?

What to Expect When You're Expecting (Interest Level: 0/10)

June

1st
Snow White and the Huntsman (Interest Level: 4/10)
Overall, I just don't think Snow White is that interesting of a character. The Disney classic is one thing, but other than that, I don't really care.

Pirahna 3DD (Interest Level: 2/10)
Pirahnha 3D actually had decent reviews, but... meh

8th
Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (Interest Level: 2/10)
Not crazy about the Madagascar franchise

Safety Not Guaranteed (Interest Level: 6/10)
An indie comedy-drama that looks kinda pretentious and takes hipsterness to a new level. I like Mark Duplass and Aubrey Plaza, but unless I hear great things, I'll have to pass.

15th
Rock of Ages (Interest Level: 2/10)
Hmm, do I want to see some of my favorite rock songs re-done so they sound wimpier than songs sung by Kidz Bop? No thanks. Not even the promise of getting to see Tom Cruise sing can't get me to see this film.

That's My Boy (Interest Level: 5/10)
I'll admit it, even though Sandler's movies have been beyond awful as of late, this looks like it could be halfway decent. Still, I think I'll wait til I can rent it.

Your Sister's Sister (Interest Level: 7/10)
I actually might see this when it comes out. This little indie film may actually be good, but I need to see and hear more about this film before I pay 12.50 to see it.

22nd
Seeking a Friend at the End of the World (Interest Level: 6/10)
I love Steve Carrell, I like Keira Knightley, but this film doesn't look all that great and I'm not a big fan of "end of the world" settings. I might see it, but I'll probably wait til rental.

29th
G.I. Joe: Retaliation (Interest Level: 0/10)

July

13th
Ice Age: Continental Drift (Interest Level: 3/10)
Like the Madagascar movies, I find it hard to get excited over this.

August

3rd
360 (Interest Level: 6/10)
Directed by Fernando Meirelles, this might actually be good and I might want to see it but it's been awhile since I've been interested in a Meirelles film. He has to dazzle me again.

17th
The Expendables 2 (Interest Level: 1/10)
I know people who liked the first Expendables movies, personally, I couldn't give a shit.

24th
Premium Rush (Interest Level: 6/10)
Pushed back to August to capitalize on Joseph Gordon-Levitt being in the third batman movie, this really doesn't look like much of a thriller. But August is kind of a weak month and if it gets good reviews, I might go ahead and see it.

No comments: