Tuesday, July 6, 2010

A new blog post... in 3-D!

The biggest scam that Hollywood has ever pulled is "3-D." Avatar remains a brilliant piece of 3-D filmmaking, but now we have to suffer through all these terrible 3-D "conversions" and it's ruining cinema. There are a lot of places where watching the film in the 3-D is the ONLY option. So people are forced to pay extra for a film that doesn't need to be seen in 3-D! Why would you unnecessarily add 3-D onto a movie that doesn't need it? Wouldn't you want to save the technology for films that actually USE it? If anything, you're just ruining the films that will be made in 3-D in the upcoming years. Martin Scorsese, Steven Soderbergh, and Alfonso Cuaron all have upcoming films that will be shot in 3-D. I would love to see what they do with the technology, but all of their films will be released in either 2011 or 2012. So we have to suffer through all these inferior 3-D products until then.

I used to say "don't see it in 3-D," but once I learned that some people honestly don't have a choice in the matter, that really saddened me. Thankfully, for the most part, 3-D has only been added onto films that I never wanted to see. Toy Story 3 remains the one exception and I saw it in 2-D. I know that I would be pissed, though, if I had no choice but to see it in 3-D. That worries me and I hope this trend doesn't continue. Hollywood has really fucked this one up, honestly. They are ruining 3-D technology and should really be saving it for films that are actually being shot in 3-D. Not all films need to be made in 3-D and the prices to see these 3-D films are simply ridiculous.

I know there are plenty of other people who are complaining about this subject, you can add me onto that list. This bullshit really needs to be stopped. The end.

No comments: